PhD Candidates (f/m) in the area of Business Model Innovation (In Cooperation wi bei SAP
Vertragsart: Befristet - Vollzeit
Standort: St. Gallen -
- Bewerben Sie sich auf: PhD Candidates (f/m) in the area of Business Model Innovation (In Cooperation wi
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
Founded in 1972, SAP is the world leader in enterprise applications in terms of software and software-related service revenue. Based on market capitalization, we are the world\'s third largest independent software manufacturer. SAP Research is the integrated global research unit of SAP, with a network of 20 research locations worldwide. By exploring emerging IT trends, SAP Research significantly drives applied research while focusing on the business impact and contribution to SAP\'s product portfolio. The approach of SAP Research is based on co-innovation through collaborative research: Together with leading universities, partners, customers, and SAP product groups, SAP Research drives the development of promising ideas, concepts and prototypes into new software and business models for maximum customer value. In our locations in Switzerland SAP Research is cooperating with the University of St. Gallen and ETH Zürich to drive research at the interface of technology and economics. Currently, the team is highly focused on the systematic development on innovative business models based on the availability of new technologies.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
We provide a highly motivating project environment with multiple international partners in industry and academia for applied research. The team in Switzerland is heavily involved in collaborative research projects to improve the methodology used in business model innovation and transformation. In addition, the team contributes to SAP internal transfer projects looking for new options to bring applications and services successfully to the market. We\'re looking for several PhD candidates (f/m) starting with SAP between September 2012 and January 2013 with their PhD in one of our locations, either Regensdorf/ Zürich or St. Gallen. You\'ll be expected to make crucial contributions, both on the research and the transfer side. In parallel, you\'ll be part of a research team of the Institute of Technology Management at one of the most renowned business schools in Europe, the University of St. Gallen. The selected PhD candidates (f/m) will get the opportunity to demonstrate how their skills apply to the following tasks:
* Publish peer reviewed research papers as well as internal / external presentations.
* Contribute to collaborative research and transfer projects.
* Contribute to the acquisition of new external / internal projects.
* Drive thought leadership in our focus areas and develop new topics.
* Build up an internal network and collaborate closely to maximize the impact of our research activities.
* Supervise students and interns who will do preliminary work for your projects. Do you want to find out how future IT-technology will look like and how it will influence the business of the future? Are you open to new ideas and concepts? Are you able to solve difficult problems by taking a look at them from a different, new perspective? Then join our team. You\'ll apply scientific principles and concepts to evaluate and assess potential of new concepts and solutions.
* First work experience in a business context is welcome. CONSIDER: Please apply under specification of your preferred start date online with your complete documents (Cover Letter, CV, References and an up-to-date Academic transcript from your Bachelor and Master studies or Diploma). The Recruiting process will involve the following steps (assumed you meet on every step our requirements): 1. Formal paper check
2. First direct contact by a telephone interview
3. First face-to-face interview with SAP and presumably on the same day a second face-to-face interview with the people in charge of University St. Gallen.
4. Final decision.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
* Very good Master Degree or Diploma in economics, business administration, information management, industrial engineering or a related fields of study from a university or university of applied sciences.
* It is mandatory that your Master lasts at least 4 semesters.
* Interest in theoretical and conceptual as well as empirical scientific studies.
* Experience in internet technologies and business are a plus.
* Strong written and verbal communication / presentation skills in English.
* Analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
* Active interest in innovative technologies.
* Self-motivated with ability to work independently within a complex project environment.
* Ability to work in a multicultural environment.
* Flexible working style and strong team working skills.
- PhD-Student in collaboration with Institute of Technology / Management - St. Gal bei SAP
- PhD-Student in collaboration with Institute of Accounting, Control and Auditing bei SAP
- PhD-Student in collaboration with the Center for Customer Insight (FCI-HSG) bei SAP
- PhD Student for Employee Value Management bei SAP
- PhD Student for Marketing Intangibles on HANA bei SAP