Requisition ID: 208760
Work Area: Software-Design and Development
Location: Walldorf/St. Leon-Rot
Expected Travel: 0 – 10%
Career Status: Management
Employment Type: Regular Full Time (min. 75%)
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
SAP Concur offers cloud-based services that make it simple to manage travel and expenses. By connecting data, applications and people, SAP Concur delivers an effortless experience and total transparency into spend wherever and whenever it happens. Our customers use our online booking tool offerings to manage their trips like many leisure websites, but with additional requirements satisfying corporate needs like applying a travel policy. The fast growing 3rd party connectivity teams in St. Leon-Rot own high volume systems which connect SAP Concur Travel to external content. Examples are flight and rental car bookings or to let travelers retrieve virtual credit cards that are generated by the credit card issuer on-the-fly at the point of sale. SAP Concur services adapt to individual employee preferences and scale to meet the needs of companies from small to large, so they can focus on what matters most. The company serves more than 30,000 clients representing more than 27 million users in over 150 countries.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
You will lead an agile development team for SAP Concur Travel to deliver high quality, robust product features following a micro service architecture design. The team follows the scrum approach for agile software development.
The team’s mission covers all aspects of the software lifecycle from design and implementation to hosting and operation.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
* Build a high performing agile team concerning engineering and social aspects. Foster motivation and integration of employees as well as team learning and development. Hire the best people from within and/or outside the company. Actively address and resolve team related issues.
* Set clear goals with team members, inspire and support them towards accomplishing these goals and evaluate goal achievement in a fair and understandable way.
* Work closely with your peers on product and engineering teams to coordinate on release planning and risk assessment
* Promote the team’s achievements and communicate the challenges via team metrics and dashboards that provide complete transparency into the agile process
* Coordinate with Client Support, Quality Assurance, Configuration Management and Service Management to ensure high quality of end-user services.
* Be accountable for team performance and for delivering the technical and functional product roadmaps as well as owning the related web services.
* Create an environment of continuous learning and improvement. Actively seeks to coach and help with personal development. Regularly offers feedback to help others to develop. Supports others in setting challenging development goals.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
* University degree in computer science, engineering or similar area
* Good understanding of agile development principles, excellent knowledge of software design and development process
* We are looking for an experienced professional with several years of relevant work experience as Architect, Project Manager, Development Manager, Team Lead or Product Owner
* Proven people focused leadership skills in terms of respect for people, being authentic and fair
* Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills in German and English. Exceptional interpersonal, team building and coordination skills
* Application Know-how in Travel and Expense Management
* Know-how in SaaS and Cloud Software Development
* Experience in owning a microservice
Experience working across regions and disciplines to deliver complex software solutions
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own.
A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP’S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Additional Locations:IT Software-Entwicklung, People Manager Position