Requisition ID: 221328
Work Area: Software-Design and Development
Location: Walldorf/St. Leon-Rot
Expected Travel: 0 – 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
SAP Concur offers cloud-based services that make it simple to manage travel and expenses. By connecting data, applications and people, SAP Concur delivers an effortless experience and total transparency into spend wherever and whenever it happens. The company serves more than 37,000 clients representing more than 45 million users in over 150 countries. We’re proud of what we’ve accomplished so far, but now it is time to take it to the next level, and to do that we need you.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
SAP Concur is looking for Engineers for the Service Engineering & Enablement department to support their existing EMEA based presence. As part of the Service Management team, you will be focused on the innovative technologies behind SAP Concur’s Cloud Services and you will have a strong influence to impact performance, stability, availability and the architecture of SAP Concur’s service offerings.
The right person will be highly technical, analytical, and have experience working with a wide range of platforms, with a deep understanding of web architectures. At SAP Concur you will work with many technologies, such as Linux, Windows, SQL Server, MySQL, Apache Tomcat, OpenStack and more.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
* Perform system & application maintenance, configuration maintenance & release management
* Monitor and measure systems for performance, load & capacity planning
* Troubleshoot issues to perform root cause analysis
* Interact with a variety of SAP Concur teams and client resources to identify issues and solutions
* Work with 3rd party vendors to manage the identification and resolution of vendor product issues
* Perform day to day service requests for all applications hosted by SAP Concur
* Provide trainings, create design and knowledge transfer sessions
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
* Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or similar field
* 5+ years of application support experience
* Experience in Linux system administration (CentOS preferred), and Apache Tomcat
* Experience in Windows 2012 / 2016 Server administration and IIS administration
* Network troubleshooting skills
* Familiar with application performance management tools – Kibana, New Relic or similar
* Coding / scripting experience (coding in any language, ability to script in Python / Power Shell preferred)
* Excellent communication skills in English and good German language skills
* Experience in AWS system operations and Puppet
* Ability to read and write simple SQL queries – T-SQL knowledge a plus
* Understanding of containerization – experience with Kubernetes
* Comfortable to work independently and with remote leadership
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own.
A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP’S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Additional Locations:IT Service Management