Requisition ID: 202584
Work Area: Software-Design and Development
Expected Travel: 0 – 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
Technology & Innovation (T&I) is responsible for SAP’s overall platform and technology development such as SAP Cloud Platform and SAP HANA. In addition, T&I drives the incubation and adoption of intelligent technologies like Analytics, SAP Leonardo Machine Learning and IoT across SAP’s product portfolio. The T&I board area is also in charge of SAP’s global innovation agenda and builds new business model- and market driven innovations to help customers realize the most business value.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
As a (Senior) Developer for Strategic Projects, you will be part of a technology-focused team that was built to help shape the future generations of SAP software. In this role you will have the great opportunity to conduct and support various projects at the SAP Innovation Center. Being a competent member of a technology savvy team, you will be responsible for creatively engineering new solutions as well as analyzing and optimizing existing software components. With your solid knowledge in database development, you can quickly implement and test proof-of-concept solutions to actively challenge and improve state-of-the-art designs. This is an ideal role for a very focused and ambitious individual who is able to work in a high-pressure environment. At SAP we have diversity at heart, so you will also be able to work with the brightest minds from a multitude of cultural and ethnical backgrounds.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Very good university degree in computer science, mathematics, engineering, or a related field
- Solid programming skills and a solid foundation in computer science with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, databases, and software design
- Good analytical skills in order to assess data and present core insights in a clear and compelling way
- Working knowledge of agile development principles in all aspects of the software development lifecycle
- Great interest in exploring new technologies and understanding how these help to tackle challenges best
- Reliable and open-minded with strong team working skills, determined to reach a goal in time as well as the ability to work independently and to prioritize
- Fluent English and preferable German language skills – written and verbal
Besides required skills, we are looking for candidates with deep knowledge in at least one specialized topic, including, but not limited to:
- Experience in latest technologies such as Machine Learning, Blockchain, Conversational AI, IoT, Big Data, or Analytics
- Deep understanding of advanced database technologies
- Working experience in SAP HANA and SAPUI5
- Experience with the development of distributed parallel, transactional, or multi-tenant systems
- Understanding and experience with DevOps
We are looking for professionals with up to 3-5 years of work experience. PhD graduates are also welcome to apply!
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own.
A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP’S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.